Tuesday, December 28, 2010

End of the Year Review - Best of 2010



Continuing from my post back in June where I posted on the best books from the first half of 2010 , this is a list of the best books I've read in the second half of this year. Again, since I read more YA than other genres, there will be more of those listed than in any other category. Since I don't have a rating system (ratings are subjective anyway), you'll have to skim the reviews to see if these will impress you as much as they did me. These are in no particular order, and the books aren't all necessarily published in 2010 (but most are), I just happened to read them in 2010.

Children's



1. The Grimm Legacy - Polly Shulman

2. Mirror Mirror - Marilyn Singer

3. Once - Morris Gleitzman


Adult



1. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest - Stieg Larsson


Young Adult



1. The Absolutely True Story of a Part-Time Indian - Sherman Alexie

2. The Vinyl Princess - Yvonne Printz

3. Lies - Michael Grant

4. Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins

5. Keturah and Lord Death - Martine Leavitt

6. The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks - E. Lockhart

7. Life As We Knew It - Susan Beth Pfeffer and The Dead and The Gone - Susan Beth Pfeffer

8. Monsters of Men - Patrick Ness

9. The Girl With The Mermaid Hair - Delia Ephron

10. Enchanted Ivy - Sarah Beth Durst

11. The Scorch Trials - James Dashner

12. Jane - April Lindner


And even though it isn't published yet, I'm adding Wither - Lauren DeStefano to this list too, if for nothing else than to get people excited for it come March.


*Note: the picture I used for the title image in this post is from Ron Gonsalves' collection of paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment