Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Mid-Year Review - Best of 2010 (Thus Far)



Since it's nearly the end of June, I thought I'd compile a list of the books I've read so far this year that really impressed me. Keep in mind that since I've been on a YA kick since starting this blog, there'll be quite a few more YA titles than in other categories, simply because I've read more of them in terms of volume compared to adult and children's books. Since I don't have a rating system (ratings are subjective anyway), you'll have to skim the reviews to see if these will impress you as much as they did me.

Children's:



1. The Girl Who Could Fly - Victoria Forester

2. Chains - Laurie Halse Anderson

3. The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place: The Mysterious Howling - Maryrose Wood


Adult:



1. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson

2. The Book of Awesome - Neil Pasricha

3. The Things That Keep Us Here - Carla Buckley


Young Adult



1. The Knife of Never Letting Go - Patrick Ness

2. The Ask and The Answer - Patrick Ness

3. Wintergirls - Laurie Halse Anderson

4. Eyes Like Stars - Lisa Mantchev

5. Perchance to Dream - Lisa Mantchev

6. The Maze Runner - James Dashner

7. Liar - Justine Larbalestier

8. Beastly - Alex Flinn

9. Gone - Michael Grant

10. Hunger - Michael Grant

11. Wondrous Strange - Lesley Livingston

12. Ash - Malinda Lo

13. Brightly Woven - Alexandra Bracken

14. Mistwood - Leah Cypess

No comments:

Post a Comment