Monday, December 21, 2009

The Sunday Salon (catching up on a Monday)

The Sunday Salon.com

Sorry about the late post, we had family Christmas parties all weekend, so needless to say we were slightly tired come Sunday evening.

Christmas is taking up much more of my time than it has in the past, perhaps its because we're in a house this year and are actually doing some entertaining. All my shopping is officially done, all the food is bought, and since classes got out on Friday, I'm off work for the next two weeks (a much-needed vacation). There were quite a few trips to bookstores for presents this year (my husband, 2 of my nephews, my uncle, my mother-in-law, my sister-in-law, and my friend), so books were on my to-buy list for anyone that doesn't hate reading, which isn't too many people in my family thankfully.

Since it is Christmas time, my reading is taking a back-seat to the family stuff and random outings that I don't get to do when I'm working. It took me forever to finish reading Beautiful Creatures, partly because it's a 500+page book and that I was only reading in 20-30 page increments when I did get to read cause I've been busy with other things. I'm going to do my write-up for Beautiful Creatures after this post, then I've got Word Nerd, and the Hunchback Assignments to keep my busy over the break, plus some other personal reading (Super Freakonomics) if I finish those two. The one good thing about the Christmas break is that even though there's new movies and video games as well as books to get through, I find I actually have enough time to balance between them all.

Merry Christmas (or happy whatever-you-celebrate) to everyone, see you after the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment