Thursday, December 30, 2010

Anticipated Reads for 2011

Since I finished my list of my favourite reads of 2010, I thought I'd look forward to my long list of anticipated reads for 2011. The list for this year is longer than last year's, mainly because a lot of my anticipated titles are continuations of series I began reading this year.

Without further ado:



The Hidden - Jessica Verday, third installment of The Hollow series.



Luminous - Dawn Metcalf
This one looks gorgeous based on the cover alone, and the plot looks good too (about a girl who can take off her own own skin).



Nightspell - Leah Cypess, sequel to Mistwood



The Water Wars - Cameron Stracher
This is a new dystopia one based off the concept that our water supply is running out.



The Warlock - Michael Scott, 5th installment of The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series



Huntress - Malinda Lo, companion novel to Ash (same universe, different characters)



Imaginary Girls - Nova Ren Suma



Hunt for the Unicorn - C.C. Humphreys
This is on my list purely because it's a unicorn story and I haven't read one of those since I was 6 ^^;



Desires of the Dead - Kimberly Derting, sequel to The Body Finder



Where She Went - Gayle Forman, sequel to If I Stay



Illusions - Aprilynne Pike, third installment of the Wings trilogy



The Iron Witch - Karen Mahoney
This is a new fairy/faerie novel with a nice dark twist to it



Plague - Michael Grant, 4th installment in the Gone series



The Dark and Hollow Places - Carrie Ryan, sequel/companion to The Forest of Hands and Teeth and The Dead-Tossed Waves



Outside In - Maria V. Snyder, sequel to Inside Out



Dead Reckoning - Charlaine Harris, 11th book in the Sookie Stackhouse series (aka True Blood)


Annnd, all the books that don't have cover images available yet:

-Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore
Pleaseeeee let this come out this year, I wanna read it so bad!

- Clariel: The Last Abhorsen by Garth Nix
I read the Abhorsen Trilogy back when I was in high school, so this unexpected addition to is comes as a pleasant surprise

- Ashes by Laurie Halse Anderson
sequel to Chains and Forge

1 comment:

  1. I'm going read theses cause they look good, and i kinda ran out of books to read. :)

    ReplyDelete